Course Description: This course is a piece of my total training system that reinforces the techniques covered in my book Your Defensive Handgun Training Program. The program will take your shooting to the next level. The program consisting of this class, the book, training DVD’s (Defensive Handgun Training Skills and Drills Volume 1 and Volume 2), and logbook (Defensive Handgun Training Logbook) is like nothing else available today, focusing on not only the execution of skills but in the critical process to properly train those skills and subsequently improve your results. Self defense context is also thoroughly covered in this program, defining the distance related concepts of a fight with a handgun. This course is ideal for anyone who carries a handgun for combative (self-defense) purposes, and will benefit both the novice as well as experienced shooters. It is the pre-requisite course for those wishing to take other Shooting-Performance advanced handgun courses.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Heart Rate Management /Combat Breathing
- Self Defense Observe, Orient, and Defend Principles
- Mental Preparation for the Fight
- Physical Preparation for the Fight
- Legal Preparation for the Fight
- Principles of an Effective Training Program
- Carry Gear and Firearm Setup
- Principles of Dry Fire Training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the Firing Cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Live Fire Micro and Macro Drills (firing cycle)
- Low Light Handgun Operation
- Concepts of a Proper Live Fire Training Session
Required Gear/Support Items (** please read and bring all items):
- 1200 rounds *Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot more or less *** DO NOT let ammunition prices or shortages prevent you from training!
- Firearm and all related equipment (3 magazines minimum)
- Notebook and pen
- Personal protective gear (eye and ear protection)
- Handheld (button activated) flashlight/ or a weapon mounted light (if owned)
- Dummy rounds appropriate for their caliber handgun (10)
- Water, snacks, chair, sunscreen, or any other personal comfort items desired.
To Register for any class:
Select a class date.
– March 8-9, 2014 – Okeechobee, FL
– Feb 28 – Mar 1, 2014 – Hampton, SC
– March 29-30, 2014 – White Hall, AK
– May 31 – June 1 , 2014 – Valdosta, GA **$10 per day range fee**
– June 7-8, 2014 – Pryor, OK **Class fee and $20 per day range fee**
– June 23-24,2014 – Fairbanks, AR
– September 4-5, 2014 – Missoula, MT
Until Then – Train Hard!