Welcome to The American Warrior Show, the podcast of the American Warrior Society. This show is designed for one thing: To help keep you safer through information, motivational concepts, and action steps! We appreciate your listenership and value your opinion. Please send comments, questions, or requests on the show to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for listening to my show. Please share it on social media and other methods with freinds who want to be safer!
Show #15: Open mic question and answer session with Mike Seeklander, founder of the American Warrior Society and American Warrior Show. Answers to:
- How many hours a month do you suggest the average person should train in self-defense?
- Tips on carrying a firearm while seated in a vehicle?
- What do you think is the minimum amount of gear and training required to successfully defend yourself? Some people buy a gun and stick it in a drawer. Others buy the best gun, best holster(s), special belts, and spend countless amounts of time and money traveling to seminars and conferences. What is your take?
- What are your Thoughts on external safeties on carry guns?
- Are laser sights a good idea on a defensive pistol? Particularly with regards to focus on the threat vs. front sight
- If a shooter comes to USPSA matches, but does not earnestly compete in the match as it is, instead shooting it “tactically” taking cover behind walls made of snow fencing and plastic barrels, are they getting any kind of useful, objective feedback? If so, are they receiving any benefit? Is this approach holding them back from seeing the maximum benefit?
- Based on your experience, what do you believe is the minimum amount of dry fire and live fire practice necessary to maintain a moderate skill level?
- What would be your top 3 CCW pistols for someone new to concealed carry?
Download Here: American Warrior Show #15 or listen by playing below!
- Visit to the Gun store (handgun selection 101): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68I549o0Tc
- Check out (SIRT introduction): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP20sLqNkrg&feature=youtu.be
- Lasers on a carry gun (article): http://blog.shooting-performance.com/lasers-on-a-carry-gun/
Thank you to the show Sponsors:
- Tulster Holsters A local compay in Tulsa, OK that specializes in custom designed kydex holsters that are increadible well designed and purpose built to be very concealable and low/zero drag.
- JP Tactical Rifles Makers of one of the best AR platforms on the planet. JP was founded by John Paul many years ago with the goal of building the best rifles possible, and they have met that goal! My current home defense rifle and 3-gun rifles are JP’s.
- Wilson Combat Founded by Bill Wilson, Wilson Combat makes custom 1911 style handguns, customized Beretta’s, AR style rifles, and is the manufacturer of the best 1911 magazines in the world. Wilson Combat handguns are some of the most beautiful and well made handguns I have ever seen. They are simply something you have to experience (shoot) to believe.
- Next Level Training (coupon code: “seeklander” for 15% off!) Makers of the unique S.I.R.T. training pistol, the laser pistol that I use in the majority of my dry fire and close range combative training.
- Umarex USA (coupon code: “seeklandercoupon” for 10% off!) A great company that makes the best airguns and airsoft handguns and rifles you will find!
- Armscor USA My sponsored ammunition company and maker of the best factory competition ready ammunition I have found. Armscor USA is also the owner of Rock Island Armory, the manufacturer of affordable yet high quality 1911 style pistols.
Until Then – Train Hard!