Are you ready to take your defensive, competitive, and general performance skills to the
next level in 2015?! This post is for you. Getting better requires action, and the action you take will directly affect your results. First and foremost, decided to adopt an attitude of “Do” versus “Try.” Whatever you want is yours if you go after it. Granted the concept applies to anything, but obviously my business is firearm related instruction, so that is what this post is about, the tools I offer to help take you to the next level. Take your shooting the next level in 2015 by making the decision to do so, and then using the following tools I offer to help you along the way.
Use the free resources. This blog is written specifically for you. I research and write articles or post article previously written to give you actionable and useful information. There are over 100 articles that will benefit the new shooter to advanced athletes. Please take some time to read some of the older posts. Some you might find useful:
- Attitude and Mindset:
- Fans Vs. Athletes – This article, guest written by Steve Aryan is an excellent article that will get you in the right mindset. Do you want to be a fan, or athlete??
- Defend Yourself! A Logical Look at Real Self-Defense – A great article that looks at self-defense from a different angle.
- “Try” Versus “Do” – This one focuses on the difference between a try attitude and do attitude. Attitude makes a big difference!
- Defensive Training Articles:
- Knife Stopping Power – Key Facts You Need To Know! – One of the first article on the site devoted to edged weapons. Written by Michael Janich, this is one you don’t want to miss!
- You’re Going To Be In A Gunfight Tomorrow! – If this one does not get you in the mindset to train, nothing will!
- Low Light Flashlight Shooting- Old Vs. New School – This article promoted by a Facebook discussion should offer some tips to really get you thinking about how you use a flashlight defensively.
- Tips To Building the Perfect High Performance Grip (Handgun) – Gripping a handgun is critical to success. This article shows you how!
- Competitive Training Articles:
- One on One Conversation With Eric Grauffel – One Of The Best Shooters In The World – This article is a great insight to how the best of the best train and think. If you shoot competitively, you need to read this one!
- How To Become A 3-Gun Competitor On 15 Minutes a Day And a Shoestring Budget – This article was requested by a Facebook friend, so I tackled it and got some great feedback. If you want to get into three gun, read this one!
- Mental Toughness 101 – Thoughts On Improving The Mind – Performing well under the pressure of competition is hard! This one shows you how to build your mental toughness.
Invest in a Training Program you can do on your own. Reading the articles are all free and very informative, but for those of you that are looking for a full training (practice) program to follow my books and DVD’s might be what you are looking for. I offer two complete programs that are made up of a 300+ page manual, two supporting DVD’s, and pre formatted logbook.
- Competition Handgun Training System
- Defensive Handgun Training System
- Instruct or want to be an instructor? I wrote a great book that focuses on the structure of great instruction versus a specific curriculum. Check it out: The Art Of Instruction – Your Complete Guide To Instructional Excellence
Take a class. This is the option that honestly is the most interactive and praised method
of training from my students. Many of them highly value the Book and DVD programs above, but say that taking the class was the link they were missing. Often times we correct several small things in the class that make all the difference in their skill development. Below you will find links to the training calendar that will allow you to flip through the months and find out where classes are currently scheduled, as well as the general class description pages. The class description pages will give you information about what is taught in class, the required gear, cost, as well as locations and dates the classes are being taught.
- 2015 Training Class Calendar!
- Defensive shooters (Handgun, Rifle, and Shotgun) find classes here.
- Competition shooters (Handgun and Multi-Gun) find classes here.
Until Then – Train Hard!