Course Name: Your Defensive Rifle Training Program Level 1
Course Length: 2 days
Course Cost: $395.00 (with class minimum of 10) **Note: all range fees for guest range are the responsibility of the student, not S-P.
Open to: Anyone. This class assumes a minimum skill level with the firearm is possessed. Brand new shooters should take a familiarization course prior to attenting.
Course Description: This training program is a complete tactical rifle training program designed to teach you how to train for combative purposes with a rifle as your primary weapon. The program will take your rifle shooting to the next level. It is a medium range course designed for those who will employ a rifle a close to medium ranges (10-100 yards). The program is like nothing else available today, focusing in not only the execution of skills but in the process to properly train those skills and subsequently improve your results. It is the pre-requisite course for those wishing to take other Shooting-Performance advanced rifle courses.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Heart Rate Management /Combat Breathing
- Mental Preparation for the Fight
- Physical Preparation for the Fight
- Principles of an Effective Training Program
- Carry Gear and Firearm Setup
- Rifle Zeroing Principles
- Principles of Dry Fire Training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the Firing Cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Principles and use of Cover
- Low Light Rifle Operation
- Concepts of a Proper Live Fire Training Session
Required Gear/Support Items (** please read and bring all items):
- 1200 rounds rifle ammunition *Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot more or less *** DO NOT let ammunition prices or shortages prevent you from training! ***
- 300 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Rifle and all related equipment (including a sling) * Please bring 2-3 magazines minimum
- Handgun and all related equipment
- Notebook and pen
- Personal protective gear (eye and ear protection)
- Weapon Mounted light (for recommendations call or email) and handheld light
- Dummy rounds appropriate for your caliber/s (rifle and handgun) (10)
- Water, snacks, chair, sunscreen, or any other personal comfort items desired.
Class Dates and Locations:
- Missoula, MT, August 21-22, 2014 *MCSO and LE Agencies ONLY**
- More dates/locations coming soon!
Until Then – Train Hard!