Happy New Year! As I write this I am amazed that the year is actually at an end. 2013 was a great year for training hard and I was fortunate enough to meet many motivated students all over the U.S.!
It was a good year, and among other things I:
-Won the inaugural IDPA B.U.G. (Back up Gun) National championship (semi-auto) with my new Rock Island Armory compact 1911 9mm! What a great match!
-Taught at locations from Fairbanks Alaska, to Sacramento California, to Palm Bay Florida! To those Shooting-Performance Alumni, thanks for working hard! I hope to see you all in 2014 for a repeat or Level 2 class!
– Launched a revised version of shooting-performance.com, that included a forum, blog, and web-store. In addition, there are a bunch of free articles and video tips. If you are looking to host a class, or find a class near you please visit the defensive classes or competitive classes section!
– Revised the Defensive Handgun Training Logbook and Competition Handgun Training Logbook into an easier to use format that includes pre-filled out log pages for each training day of those programs (found in Your Defensive Handgun Training Program and Your Competition Handgun Training Program)
– Filmed an additional season of The Best Defense (airing tonight on the Outdoor channel!) and Rapid Fire (the funnest show in the world to film!!).
In addition, I have been shooting and testing the line of Rock Island Armory guns (1911’s and 2011’s). To see my reviews on these affordable guns, please visit my blog. The 2014 competition season promises to be a good one!
Coming in 2014:
- SHOT show 2014! For those of you that might be in Vegas in a few short weeks, please find me at the show! I will be with my co-hosts Mike Bane, Mike Janich, and Iain Harrison in several locations and would love to meet you!
- I have training classes scheduled all over the U.S. and am continuing to add more. To see the classes, please check out my training calendar (use the arrows to scroll through the months).
- My new book, Your Defensive Rifle Training Program promises to be worth a strong look, especially for those of you that purchased an AR system over the laster couple years and now want to set it up and train with it. If you want to sign up for the email list and be notified when the book is released, please click here.
As the year ends for each and everyone of you, I truly hope you had a great 2013, and even more importantly, a GREAT 2014!
Until Then – Train Hard!