Trauma Management For The Armed Citizen/Interview: Bill Lewitt
Welcome to The American Warrior Show, the podcast of the American Warrior Society. This show is designed for one thing: To help keep you safer through information, motivational concepts, and action steps! We appreciate your listenership and value your opinion. Please send comments, questions, or requests on the show to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for listening to my show. Please share it on social media and other methods with freinds who want to be safer!
Interview with Bill Lewitt, Bill is a Critical Care Paramedic-RN and a 15 year veteran of Emergency Medical Services. Bill received his Paramedic training at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center – San Antonio and has provided services caring for the acutely ill and injured in both rural and urban settings. In 2001 Bill began teaching his Tactical First Aid curriculum at the SIGARMS Academy in Epping, NH. During his 4 years at the Academy he developed and instructed many classes, including Defensive Tactics, Knife/Counter-Knife, Weapon Retention and Disarming, Flight Crew Safety, Impact Weapons, and trained with all variants of the SIG 550 assault rifle and SIG pistols. Bill has conducted training for groups as diverse as under-cover detectives, the US Air Marshalls, Japanese Defense Forces, and most of the units from USSOCOM. In 2003 Bill was featured in SWAT Magazine and presented at the Mass Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and Armorers Association instructor development program. Since 2006 Bill has been a featured trainer in the Journal of Special Operations Medicine. In the summer of 2010 Bill presented at the Warrior Conference in Reno, NV. He currently consults as a subject matter expert in Operational Medicine for the Tactical Development Group.
Bill received his CCEMT-P advanced Paramedic training through the University of Maryland Baltimore County, completing 450 hours of clinical training in Critical Care Transport medicine and was cleared for Independent Duty with the Northeast Mobile Critical Care Transport team. Bills training for MCCT included regular visits to the STRATUS medical simulation lab at Brigham and Womens Hospital where he learned procedures including chest tubes, surgical airways, suturing, Rapid Sequence Induction, and attended Grand Round with the Vice Chair of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Richard Zane. His training has included dozens of hours of physician level continuing education programs through American Society of Critical Care Medicine, the Ameican College of Surgeons, and advanced airway maintenance with Dr. Ron Walls, Chair of Emergency Medicine at Brigham and Womens Hospital. Bill is American Heart Association Training Center Faculty and an instructor in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support and in 2009 completed his degree in Nursing.
- Discussion with Bill about trauma managment and history of life saving techniques leared on the battlefield.
- IFAK (Individual First Aid Kits) selection, set up, and key items you need in yours.
- Tourniquet types and recommendations.
- A candid discussion on clotting (hemostatic agents).
- Airway obstructions and testing the need for opening one!
- And much more!
Download Here: American Warrior Show #12 or listen by playing below!
For more information please visit:
- Bill Lewitt’s Website: Tactical Development Group
- Bill’s Facebook Page: Bill Lewitt/TDG
Thank you to the show Sponsors:
- JP Tactical Rifles Makers of one of the best AR platforms on the planet. JP was founded by John Paul many years ago with the goal of building the best rifles possible, and they have met that goal! My current home defense rifle and 3-gun rifles are JP’s.
- Wilson Combat Founded by Bill Wilson, Wilson Combat makes custom 1911 style handguns, customized Beretta’s, AR style rifles, and is the manufacturer of the best 1911 magazines in the world. Wilson Combat handguns are some of the most beautiful and well made handguns I have ever seen. They are simply something you have to experience (shoot) to believe.
- Next Level Training (coupon code: “seeklander” for 15% off!) Makers of the unique S.I.R.T. training pistol, the laser pistol that I use in the majority of my dry fire and close range combative training.
- Umarex USA (coupon code: “seeklandercoupon” for 10% off!) A great company that makes the best airguns and airsoft handguns and rifles you will find!
- Armscor USA My sponsored ammunition company and maker of the best factory competition ready ammunition I have found. Armscor USA is also the owner of Rock Island Armory, the manufacturer of affordable yet high quality 1911 style pistols.