Course Name: Your Competition Handgun Training Program Level 1
Course Length: 2 – 2.5 days
Course Cost: $395.00 (with class minimum of 10) **Note: all range fees for guest range are the responsibility of the student, not S-P.
Pre-requisites: Students must be a classified shooter in either USPSA, IPSC, or IDPA. Exceptions are granted in some cases, email class coordinator or Mike Seeklander for an exception.
Course Description: This course is a piece of my total training system that reinforces the techniques covered in my book Your Competition Handgun Training Program. The program will take your shooting to the next level. The program consisting of this class, the book, training DVD’s,(Competition Handgun Training Skills and Drills Volume 1 and Volume 2), and logbook is like nothing else available today, focusing on not only the execution of skills but in the critical process to properly train those skills and subsequently improve your results. This course is ideal for shooting athletes that are newer to the sport and looking for a solid foundation, as well as seasoned shooters looking to gain that competitive edge.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Principles Mental Toughness
- Principles of an Effective Training Program
- 6 Modules of Success
- Managing Match Stress
- Gear and Firearm Setup
- Principles of Dry Fire Training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the Firing Cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Live Fire Micro and Macro Drills (firing cycle)
- Concepts of a Proper Live Fire Training Session
- Game Day (match) Management
Required Gear/Support Items (** please read and bring the list items):
- Each student may be provided (by the class coordinator) a code to order the book Your Competitive Handgun Training Program.. It is strongly suggested that students pre-read the book before class.
- 1000 rounds (if shooting a match on day 3 please bring an additional 200) *Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot slightly more or less. *** DO NOT let ammunition prices or shortages prevent you from training!
- Firearm and all related equipment
- Notebook, pen and 3X5 index cards (3-5)
- Personal protective gear (eye and ear protection)
- Dummy Rounds appropriate for their caliber handgun (10)
- Water, snacks, chair, sunscreen, or any other personal comfort items desired.
Class Dates and Locations:
-December 11-12,2013 – Palm Bay, FL
-February 14 – 16, 2014 | Gainsville, FL (Level 1: 14th,15th | Match: 16th)
-April 4-6, 2014 | Sacramento, CA **Group Club Match on the 6th**
-May 8-11, 2014 | Harvard,MA (Level 1: 8th,9th | Level 2: 10th | Match: 11th)
-June 10-12, 2014 | Missoula, MT (Level 1: 10th, 11th | Level 2: 12th | Level 3: Match)
-June 14-15, 2014 | Forest Lake, MN **Class fee and range use of $80**
-July 19-20, 2014 | Pryor, OK **Class fee and $20 per day range fee**
-August 13-16, 2014 | Lodi, WI (Level 1: 13th, 14th | Level 2: 15th | Match: 16th)
-October 3-5, 2014 | San Francisco, CA (Level 1: 3rd, 4th | Match: 5th) ** $50 Range Fee **
-December 10-11, 2014 | San Francisco, CA (Level 1: 10th, 11th | Level 2: 12th | Match: 13th)